District Name: Mason County Schools Total Years Practicing School Psychology: 20 years (all in Mason County) Prior Work: 9 years total – Teacher of the emotionally handicapped and guidance counselor in western North Carolina and Temple, Texas (moving from Massachusetts to North Carolina and then Texas after 1976 made a school psychology internship…
Our mission statement: “Promoting educationally and psychologically healthy environments for all children and youth in Kentucky.”
KAPS represents and supports the profession of school psychology in the Commonwealth of Kentucky by advancing effective practices to improve students’ learning, behavior and mental health, and by maintaining essential standards for ethics and practice.
In keeping with the Association’s mission statement and core values, the purposes of the Association, not for profit, shall be to:
- provide the highest services to the children of Kentucky through the collaboration of
professionals sharing knowledge, experience, research, and accountability.
- promote and maintain the highest standards of ethics, training, legal, and professional
practices in psychological services in the schools of Kentucky.
- advance education and mental health through psychological research and the
dissemination of professional ideas.
- serve the mental health and educational needs of students and to assist in the development of sound educational practices for the total school program.
- study issues and provide recommendations for the organization and administration of school psychology and professional practices.
- promote school psychologists and the unique expertise they offer to educational systems within school communities, related professional organizations, and the public.
- encourage and support legislation pursuant to the above purposes.